We sort of have a ritual type conversation on the way to school/work each morning. Most mornings I get the same line of questioning and some mornings this requires at least one, if not two phone calls.
Taryne: Where's Daddy?
Me: He went to work, Sweetie.
Taryne: What about Mimi?
Me: She is at home (some mornings I know she is on her way home from work, so I might change it up a bit, but typically I just tell her she is at home)
Taryne: At Papa's house?
Me: Yes.
Taryne: Where's Papa? At his house too?
Me: Yes, he is.
Taryne: I want to talk to them. (Some mornings we call and say a quick hello, other mornings the conversation just continues on...)
Taryne: I want to see Papa's cows. Where is Omie?
Me: We can't see Papa's cows today, but we can see some on our way to school. Omie is at work/home (depending on the time of morning I will use these interchangeably)
Taryne: Oh okay. Mimi and Papa are at Papa's house and Omie is at work/home?
Me: Yes, Taryne.
The above is our typical conversation MOST mornings during the week. This morning, however, there was more.
Taryne: Where's Pader? I want to see Pader. (Pader is Kyle's grandfather, Omie's dad for those that don't know)
Me: He is at home. Maybe we can visit him soon, but it will have to be after Hayden gets here. Mommy can't be in the car that long anymore.
Taryne: I want to get on an airplane and see Theia. Theia is in Maryland and Taryne is going to Tennessee. We go to school together.
Me: Yes, Theia is in Maryland and maybe we can go visit her this summer after we move to Tennessee since we will be much closer.
Taryne: I want to play with Theia. I want to see Theia and Tanya. Taryne happy birthday?
Me: No, it is not Taryne's birthday, you have about 6 months to go.
Taryne: Oh, not Taryne happy birthday? Theia happy birthday?
Me: No, Sweetie, Theia just had her birthday 2 months ago.
Taryne: Oh. Taryne happy birthday in Tennessee?
Me: Yes, you will have your birthday in Tennessee.
By this time we are close to school and she starts rambling on about cars, motorcycles and other things we pass on the way to school.
Most mornings it is pretty entertaining.
Until next time...Gig'em!
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
School Field Trips
Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...
-
Last summer, right after we moved to Lubbock, I found this blog post (please read this before continuing). It really hit home with both...
-
I started a running program a few weeks ago. I started it for many reasons including being healthier, being in better shape, losing weight a...
-
Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...
No comments:
Post a Comment