Originally posted September 17, 2009
Well, as I type this, Taryne is 6 days old. Wow, I can't believe it has been almost a week since she arrived! This past week has been a journey....
I was released from the hospital on Tuesday, but we were unable to bring her home that day. Her magnesium levels were down, but she had a little jaundice, so she spent a day under the lights to help that go away. On Tuesday, everything looked good for Taryne, but the doctor was not ready to release her because she had so many changes in one day. She no longer needed the lights, she was eating more, they removed her IV and her magnesium levels were good. He wanted to see how she did overnight and make sure she improved.
It was very hard for me to go home without her, but I am glad that she stayed to make sure everything was ok. I would rather her stay one extra night than have to rush to the hospital because something went wrong.
I was taking a nap Wednesday afternoon when Kyle woke me up and asked if I was ready to take my daughter home. I was soooo excited!!!! We were planning to go up to the hospital for the 3 pm visitation time so we could feed her, but this was a bonus! After we fed her, she was released and we brought her home.
The first evening and night went better than I could have dreamed. Granted, we got little sleep, but it wasn't bad. It was interesting to watch Cassie and Phoebe interact with her. Cassie is very protective of Taryne and only gets a little agitated when Taryne cries. Phoebe, however, has to be "under" where ever Taryne is at the moment. She is a little crazy too. Phoebe is literally under Taryne a lot of the time, or tries to be. If Taryne is in her bed or the pack'n'play, she gets under it. Weird I know.
Taryne had her first doctor's appointment today. The appointment was a requirement of her hospital release. It was her first outing since coming home. For a newborn, this outing went exceptionally well. First of all, we had to wait about an hour before we actually saw the doctor. And then after we saw the doctor, she had a little blood work to be done. The whole trip pushed her feeding time back and she (amazingly) was not cranky and seemed fairly content. We were also excited to know she has gained some weight. She now weights 7 pounds 2 ounces! We were surprised at how much she has grown.
Here are some pictures of our little angel over the past 6 days....
Kyle bringing to the house from the car...
The Rode Family
Cassie & Phoebe trying to figure out Taryne...
I will post more pictures later...it is nap time for the parents and Taryne...until next time...Gig'em!
No comments:
Post a Comment