Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Busy weekend...


Originally posted 10/28/09

So a few weeks ago I was at a complete loss for words with the state of Aggie football. However, last weekend my beloved Ags redeemed themselves and BTHO tech. What a wonderful day! The only thing better is beating t.u.! We have not won in Lubbock since 1993...wow, that was a long time ago! Strange things seem to happen when A&M plays tech, but it is much worse when we are playing in Lubbock. The game this year was not decided by bad calls, weird things or the West Texas wind messing with us...it was a good old fashioned butt kicking! Hopefully A&M can continue to play well and improve and totally leave the team that played KSU in Kansas.

Also on Saturday, Charlotte and I spent most of the day making cake balls for Tanya and Charlie's baby shower on Sunday. We had high ambitions...we were going to make 3 flavors: chocolate covered strawberry, chocolate and lemon. We baked the cakes and made the cake balls. Everything was going smoothly until we started to dip the cake balls in the bark coating. I don't know if it was the weather or just the Baking Gods messing with us, but the chocolate would not stay melted (even though we kept it over a pot of hot water) and then it started getting bubbles and a little chunky. And it wasn't chunky because pieces of cake broke off into the chocolate...it just did this on its own. So after we covered the chocolate and lemon cake balls, we gave up. Around midnight, we went to Kroger and got some pound cake and "made" petit fours. We did make the icing from scratch!

On Sunday, we packed up the car with food and people (Me, Kyle, Taryne, Charlotte and Zach) and drove to Humble for the baby shower. The shower was great! We got to see family that we have not seen in a long time as well as some we've seen recently. Taryne was able to meet her Great Aunt Arlene, Great Uncle Ken, cousins Amy, Keri, Clare, Mackenzie and Nicole and she got to see her Great Grandma Milady, Great Aunt Claire and her Mimi and Papa (my mom and dad). For her first "long car trip", Taryne did really well. It was a long day and it was good to get her home and to bed that evening.

Yesterday I started reading Harry Potter to Taryne. It is never to early for her to listen to Harry Potter and this makes me not feel so silly talking to her since she can't really talk back yet. She just stared at me and listened...I was surprised she sat so still and quite, but either she likes listening to me talk or she actually liked the story!

Taryne has been doing so well as a baby. She is rarely fussy...she has one fussy day a week. Or at least that is how it has been so far. And that one fussy day a week is getting further apart. Today I decided to see how well Taryne sits up. I got out her high chair and set it up on one of the dining chairs. She holds her head up pretty well and so I thought she would like to sit. She loved it! She did so much better than I thought she would.



She is 6 1/2 weeks in the picture above. Last Friday I weighed her and she is already 8 pounds! She is growing like crazy and she is finally fitting into some of her clothes! It seemed like she was wearing the same thing over and over and over because everything was so big on her.

Well this weekend is Halloween...we can't wait!! I had originally planned to dress her in a Halloween onsie for Halloween, but I am considering buying her a last minute costume...not sure yet. Friday night there is a Trick-or-Treat event at the George Bush library and I am thinking of taking her trick-or-treating there on Friday so Saturday we can have trick-or-treaters here at the house. So...if I get a costume she can wear it Friday and then wear her cute Halloween onsie and hat Halloween night. I am so excited for her first Halloween. This is my 2nd favorite holiday, right behind Christmas. If you live in College Station, stop by Saturday night! We have full size Airheads!!!

Well it is time for me to get Taryne ready for bed...until next time...Gig'em!

No comments:

School Field Trips

Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...