Monday, April 2, 2012

One Week

So I am a few days behind...he turned one week last Friday. We have been adjusting to two children in our house and all the demands of that.

Hayden had a quick doctor visit last Thursday to make sure he wasn't yellow/orange and to check his weight. He was 6 pounds 4 ounces at the appointment. He managed to maintain the 6 pounds 4 ounces from his check up last Monday. He had a tinge of yellow so our doctor had some blood work done and his jaundice numbers were a little elevated so we have had him next to a sunny window or outside most of the weekend.



She is such a good big sister! She always wants to hold him and check on Hayden!
I took him back to the doctor this morning for additional blood work to see if the sunshine helped. I hope to know by tomorrow!

In the past week, we have totally enjoyed being a family of four.  Sometimes it is a little frustrating going on little sleep, but we are so happy that Hayden is here and healthy. Taryne has had to learn that she is no longer an only child, but I know she is perfectly happy being a big sister. I have overheard her telling Hayden "I love you Hayden. Mommy, I love him.". How sweet is this?

Until next time...Gig'em!

No comments:

School Field Trips

Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...