I started a running program a few weeks ago. I started it for many reasons including being healthier, being in better shape, losing weight and just feeling better about myself. I have always hated running and I think the last time I ran more than a few minutes at a time was in high school....soooo long ago.
I found out about a running program through a friend on Facebook. I watched her post her status updates about her runs each week and I finally decided that I needed to do this too. I would stick it out until the end and then decide if I like running.
The program is called Couch to 5K and it is pretty easy to follow. I will say, if I can do it, then I feel anyone can do it.
I am currently in week 3 of the program and it is 9 weeks long. I can't wait for week 9 to be here and I am running 30 minutes straight. The great part about the program is you start out alternating runs and walks that are manageable and you build on it each week. Week 3 was the first week where I had to run more than 90 seconds at a time and I wasn't too sure I would make it through the second long run (those last 30 seconds were hard), but I did it and I am ready for my next run!
Another thing I like about this program is that I have never felt like I couldn't finish....at least so far! I want to run longer at times, but I am not letting myself get ahead...I want to do it right so at the end I actually enjoy running instead of feeling like I have to do it to get in shape.
I am proud of myself that I have stuck with the program (I realize I am still only in week 3) and I am always ready for the next run. I really want to be in better shape and lose some of this extra weight I have been carrying around for too long.
If you want to start this program, I would suggest downloading the app from iTunes and get going! Let me know if you have any questions or want to share your progress!
Until next time...Gig'em!
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
School Field Trips
Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...
-
Last summer, right after we moved to Lubbock, I found this blog post (please read this before continuing). It really hit home with both...
-
I started a running program a few weeks ago. I started it for many reasons including being healthier, being in better shape, losing weight a...
-
Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...
2 comments:
Way to go Cheryl. I think this is so awesome. I was in college when I started running, and eventhough I thought I was in decent shape running was really hard for me. I'm still slow, and 20minutes/2 miles is a great run for me, but I do enjoy it now. So proud of you!!!!
Thanks Melissa! I thought I was in decent shape since we walk alot, but I really needed to lose a little weight and I like food so I decided I needed more than walking. I really have been enjoying my running time and I can't wait to be able to run an entire 5k...even if it is slow! One day I hope to run a marathon or at least a 1/2 marathon...
Post a Comment