Since I am getting close to Hayden's arrival...and getting huge....I have had more trouble getting a good night's sleep. I am either up every hour or so to pee or I am tossing and turning to get comfortable. This is all in addition to Taryne deciding to come in bed at some point in the middle of the night. She does not come in our bed every night, but it goes in spells. Sometimes it is every night for several days straight and then sometimes it is several days before she does it again.
Typically when she comes in our room, she comes to my side of the bed with at least one blanket and a toy in tow. I let her lay with us until she falls back to sleep and then I wake Kyle up to put her back in her bed. You know, because I am up every hour or so I know if she is still awake or not. Some nights she is out before I even come back from the bathroom. Kyle is so sweet to let me wake him up so he can carry her back to bed.
Usually once she is back in her bed, it is for the rest of the night. She doesn't usually get up again. However, recently she had a night that she decided to come back. All I know is that it was after 4 am (I remember only because I look at the clock EVERY time I get up) because she was not there at that time. Well around 5:30-6 I got up AGAIN. When I get up, I always sit up a minute and then gently put my foot on the floor. The dogs sleep on their beds on my side of the bed but often they sprawl out with their blankets and I always check so I don't step on one of them. Well I put my foot down, felt something under the blanket and assumed Phoebe had made a nest closer to my bed. So I found a spot I could get up and went to the bathroom. When I came back I thought that the dogs had really sprawled out this time and crawled back into bed.
After Kyle got up and showers, he wakes me up to get ready for the day. This particular morning, he told me to be very careful when I got out of bed and pointed to the floor. Well to my surprise, Taryne was the one that had made the nest so close to our bed. I have always wondered when I would wake up and find her sleeping with the dogs on their bed. That hasn't happened yet, but she made her nest right next to them. I am pretty sure it was Taryne's leg that I thought was Phoebe.
I am going to guess Taryne could not wake me back up to get in the bed. So she decided to sleep in our room anyway. She brought her pillow, both blankets, 4 stuffed animals and 2 dolls.
I had Kyle bring me a camera before she woke up. I thought it was too cute, but I felt bad because she couldn't wake us up. She was definitely determined to sleep in our room that night.
Until next time...Gig'em!
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
School Field Trips
Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...
-
Last summer, right after we moved to Lubbock, I found this blog post (please read this before continuing). It really hit home with both...
-
I started a running program a few weeks ago. I started it for many reasons including being healthier, being in better shape, losing weight a...
-
Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...
No comments:
Post a Comment