This year we hosted Easter for our family. I LOVE hosting family gatherings. I love the planning, the preparation, the ideas, the cooking and baking and I love not having to travel. I would host every family gathering if I could get away with it. Sometimes I think I should just be an event planner or children's birthday planner.
We had a great Sunday and lots of people to celebrate Easter. There was SO much food and dessert. We ate leftovers for several days and we still have some in the freezer. We baked a brisket, had grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, grilled squash and fresh green beans. Oh and yummy, yummy rolls. And then the desserts. Wow! We had cupcakes, decorated cookies, chocolate dipped Peeps, a blackberry cobbler, a blackberry pie, pina colada cake (for Kyle's birthday), a popcorn/chocolatey mix and some sort of brownie dessert. I never got the name of it.
And you would think it was Taryne's birthday or Christmas with as many gifts as she received. She is one spoiled little girl! I am behind on the "thank-you's" so if you gave her a gift and are reading this, thanks! and an official thank you is on the way.
Taryne is still hunting plastic Easter eggs this week. It will be time to get it all packed away soon. There were 3 1/2 dozen real eggs to hunt Easter Sunday. Somehow we ended up with 2 dozen of them after everyone left. I like deviled eggs, but this is ridiculous. We finally threw the last of them out...I only decorate a dozen for a reason. :)
Until next time...Gig'em!
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
School Field Trips
Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...
-
Last summer, right after we moved to Lubbock, I found this blog post (please read this before continuing). It really hit home with both...
-
I started a running program a few weeks ago. I started it for many reasons including being healthier, being in better shape, losing weight a...
-
Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...
No comments:
Post a Comment