Wednesday, June 18, 2014

More Changes...

***WARNING!!! If the brief discussion of a woman's menstrual cycle or feminine products makes you uncomfortable, scroll second paragraph and keep reading. Thanks!

So I stumbled upon this article with video a while back and was a bit disgusted. At first I was thinking, "wow, this is really scary" and then I quickly changed to "well this doesn't concern me anymore" (I use Mirena and have no menstrual cycle so therefore no need to purchase feminine products). I was however, worried about Taryne in the future, but happy to know that there are natural products on the market.

I didn't think about it again for about a week. And then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Taryne wears pull-ups and Hayden wears diapers. I bet there are the same odor absorbing, chemical-laden things in the diapers. And of course, there are no ingredient labels on diapers...unless you buy natural ones. So we finished the diapers Hayden had in stock and canceled our Amazon shipments for both the diapers and pull-ups. I began a subscription to the Honest Company for diapers and wipes. They tell you what is in the diapers. Yes, they are a little more expensive, but I would rather pay a few dollars more now and not have my children absorb who knows what type of chemicals into the small bodies.

Taryne is on the last package of the "bad" pull-ups and if I am lucky, we can just quit that all together. I am sure we have a little more time working on getting through the night without an accident, so I know we will pick some Honest Company ones up for her. Luckily, they are sold in some stores, but the biggest selection is online. I have heard they will now be offered at Target, but they are not in stores yet and unavailable online. Just found out they are now available at Target!!


No comments:

School Field Trips

Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...