Monday, July 22, 2013

Visiting DC

My sister, Tanya, and her husband, Charlie were expecting their second little girl in May. They (and my niece Theia) live in the DC area and now that we are closer (closer than TX) we finally made the trip to visit and meet my new niece.

Taryne, Hayden and myself left early to make the 8 hour drive to DC. It was a crazy drive and a long drive, but the drive was beautiful! I loved driving through Virginia. Despite all the stops (have you been on a road trip with a 3 year old and a 1 year old?) for diaper changes and potty breaks and drinks, we finally made it!

I had high hopes to see a few specific things in DC, but with all the craziness of 3 small children and 2 adults (me and my mom) who had never been to DC before, my plans were altered and we only visited the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. I really wanted to see the Declaration of Independence but the line to get in the building was super long. 

I was able to meet my sweet new niece, Miss Adeline Grace. Taryne and Hayden had a ball playing with Theia and Mimi. I hope we can go back soon to see more of DC and both of my nieces.


The "twins" Theia and Taryne








Riding the train to DC


Sweet little Adeline

Tanya, Adeline and Mimi

Holding little Adeline 


The Natural History Museum






 I have no idea what buildings these were but they were beautiful!




The National Monument
(under construction)



Alliums...so beautiful!

 National Archives



Water feature in the Sculpture Garden




Splash Pad in Rockville, MD




This is my favorite picture from the trip!

We were so glad to see this on our way home! Just 2 hours to Knoxville from this sign!

I am so thankful we were able to visit and meet the newest addition to the family!

No comments:

School Field Trips

Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...