Sunday, August 26, 2012

Smoky Mountains

This weekend we decided to drive around a little and check out the area outside of Knoxville. We decided to drive to Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains National Park. At first we just planned to drive out there to see the mountains but then Kyle discovered (thank goodness for smart phones!) there was a Joe's Crab Shack in Seiverville, so we had to stop there for a late lunch. Apparently he has been wanting to eat Joe's for a while, but since there is not one in College Station, we would normally need to drive to Austin or Houston.

I will never turn down seafood, so despite a ton of people waiting, we didn't have to wait too long for a table. It was YUMMY!!

After that we drove on to Pigeon Forge. Wow. There is a miniature golf course every few hundred feet. Or so it seemed. There are also a TON of pancake places in this area. I have never seen so many and so many different pancake places.  You can definitely tell this a tourist attraction area.


Oh there are a ton of hotels, slides, race car tracks and too much to list. It was really interesting and I can't wait to have a more "planned" visit to go back.

Then we got to Gatlinburg. Now that is a tourist trap. Wow. It sort of reminded me of Fredericksburg (TX) but it was more tourist-y and it was just crazy.

We saw so many places we want to go back and check out. There is an aquarium that I know Taryne and Hayden will love. There is a place to buy moonshine (should be fun and interesting). And more.

Then we finally made it to the park. It was stunning. Beautiful. I absolutely love the outdoors and we are finally able to enjoy it without getting heat stroke. I want to go camping so bad. However, Kyle watches too many big foot shows and now I am paranoid that we are going to get attacked by a big foot. :)



I can't wait to see this in the fall!

Until next time...Gig'em!

No comments:

School Field Trips

Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...