Monday, September 19, 2011

Taryne Turns Two!!

One week ago, our sweet little girl turned two!! Not sure how she is already two, but she is and let me tell you, she is a boat load of fun lately. And super silly. And clever. And smart. And totally amazes us every day with something new.

For her birthday, we did a strawberry themed party. Somehow I didn't get a ton of great pictures during her party, but I have been assured that others have some good pics and they plan to share. I will share those later too.

We had a bounce house (thanks to a good friend for letting us borrow the "kid" sized bounce house they have), a bean bag toss game and I made a coloring table for the kids. I was amazed at how entertained the kids were with coloring and throwing bean bags. Who would have known!

For the food, I decided a few months ago to go with hot dogs and Frito Pie (which sounded great at the time, but not so good now that I am pregnant!). We kept the food simple. Thank goodness since I have been feeling a bit tired and nauseated lately.

I decided that I was going to attempt fondant on Taryne's cake. It turned out better than I had hoped but not near as good as I wanted. I am a perfectionist and so I saw EVERY SINGLE FLAW on the cake. I did not eat a piece of cake, but I heard it tasted good. Sweets sound sort of yucky at the moment because I never pass up birthday cake. I made my fondant from a recipe on Bakingdom (one of the many blogs I follow) and everyone said it actaully tasted pretty good compared to other experiences with fondant. Yay! I guess it was a success! I sort of freaked out with the cake becuase I hated it when I went to bed. It look too plain. So the next morning after attaching the strawberries and the number "2", my mom suggested I paint vines on the cake. Thank goodness for her suggestion becuase until I painted the vines I absolutely hated the cake and was caclulating the time needed to make another batch of buttercream to re-decorate the cake.

The party itself was fun and Taryne played with everyone. I really think she had a great time. She sure enjoyed cake time and of course was excited about opening her gifts. All the girls at the party were so helpful and gave a play-by-play of Taryne opening her gifts. It was quite hillarious!!

She was ready to BOUNCE!!! She talked about the bounce house the entire week after the party and was pretty upset when we put it away to return to Melissa....

Bouncing before the party with Aunt Charlotte....

BEAN BAGS!!!!!!

The cake...

Carolina Grace, Morgann and Connor tossing the bean bags....

She seemed a bit mesmorized by the two candles....


Jacie, Morgann and Alexis....




Taryne (and both of us) are very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. Thanks to all who were there to celebrate with us! Taryne has thoroughly enjoyed all of her gifts. She has rotated them all around in the past week to give them equal "play time". Kind of funny...

Until next time...Gig'em!

No comments:

School Field Trips

Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...