A few months after Taryne was born, my Aunt Arlene gave Taryne a Baby Huggums doll. I remember reading the card, thinking of my grandma and tearing up quite a bit. Aunt Arlene wanted me to make sure the doll was played with...it was not meant to be in a box on the shelf.
Well, we did keep it in a box on the shelf for a while...until Taryne really started playing with toys. Last weekend, we dumped out ALL of her toys (she has way too many!) and reorganized them. She has played with the doll a few times over the past several months, but since this weekend, she has started carrying it around with her throughout the house.
It truly warms my heart and makes me miss my grandparents and makes me think of my aunt when I see Taryne carrying that doll around the house. It is amazing how an item can bring such a powerful emotion to the surface, especially when we are all so busy with our daily lives. I think we often forget to take a moment to remember people and the things important to us.
The blocks in the picture below are also from my grandparents house. I remember playing with those ALL the time as a kid. I have the entire set...except the letter "C". Charlotte and I are pretty sure one of us took that block out of the set when we were younger. My mom recently found it, but then lost it again. At least we know it is in my parents house someplace!
Thank you Aunt Arlene for being a great Aunt to me, a great Great Aunt to Taryne and keeping Grandma Milady's memory present. Love you!
Until next time...Gig'em!
No comments:
Post a Comment