Wednesday, May 12, 2010

8 Months...

Today Taryne is 8 months old. She is also sick for the very first time. But after that first round of the Z-Pack and a good nights sleep, she was a new baby today.

At 8 months, she is rolling all over the place. She also scoots around in circles when she is on her tummy. She tries to pull up on everything and a good number of times, she actually pulls herself all the way up. She is cruising all over the place which makes me a little nervous because she likes to be brave and just let go. And then gravity takes over and she freaks out.

On a few occasions she has said something that sounded very close to words. I am almost 100% positive she has said "doggie", "Cassie" (our lab) and "Kyle". She totally shocked me with that one. We were walking into the kitchen and she just looked at me with this serious face and said "Kyle". I, of course, did a double take and then we went outside to tell Kyle about this event.

She still does not have teeth, but I can actually feel them under the gums trying to come through. She loves her yogurt puffs, which is surprising because they taste just like yogurt and that is absolutely disgusting to me. She is eating all sorts of fruits and vegetables and lately she has been eating spaghetti which she loves.

She is all about exploring the world around her. As I type, she is slowly unorganizing my ribbon bin that I took a very long time this afternoon to reorganize. Oh well...she is learning and it is fascinating, so I don't care...too much. She loves water and baths. Today at school they had "Splash Day" and according to her teachers, she was the only one that enjoyed the water and she had so much fun she didn't want to get out. And I got tons of comments on her cute swimsuit. She got a cute one from her Opa and Omie, but it is still a little big...so I had to get her a different one for the time being. It is a one piece that is white with flowers that are mostly blue. And since blue is her color, it looks awesome on her.

Her 8 month stats (official stats since we had to visit the doctor yesterday):

weight: 17 pounds 2 ounces
length: 27 1/2 inches

Here is a pic from this morning...



Until next time...Gig'em!

No comments:

School Field Trips

Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...