Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter!

Taryne celebrated her first Easter yesterday. It started very, very early. We got up around 5 am because I needed to start Easter lunch, so we decided to attend the 6:30 am Sunrise Easter service. Taryne did really well in church...she stayed occupied by the church program most of the time, but if that keeps her busy at this age...great!

Once we got home, she was exhausted. She normally does not get up that early. So we let her go back to bed while we prepared for our family to arrive.


Once she woke up from her nap, she got the basket the Easter Bunny left for her...It had all sorts of random things in it...some of which she is too young to have, but mommy and daddy can eat...along with a pinwheel, a bunny, some bubbles, a side walk chalk kit with chalk holder and candy/cookies/chocolate (for the parents). I think she only cared about the pinwheel and the plastic eggs...oh well...


Taryne playing with the plastic eggs...waiting for her aunts, uncles and cousin to arrive...

Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Zach gave Taryne a book for Easter. It is an indestructible book...you can chew it, tear it, etc. Good thing because she spent most of the day licking and chewing on it...

For the Easter lunch, I prepared a few recipes from Pioneer Woman's site: beef brisket and mac & cheese. Tanya and Charlie brought the salad while Charlotte and Zach brought green beans and rolls. I also made lemon bars and chocolate peanut butter robin's nests for dessert. 

We also dyed Easter eggs on Sunday. I love plain colored eggs. However, it is neat to see all the different ways people do eggs, but I am pretty traditional on some things and plain colored eggs are one of those things.

After lunch and some nap time for Taryne and Theia, we hid the Easter eggs for the girls first egg hunt. Now I know what you are thinking...they can't even walk, so how are they going to hunt eggs? Well...we hid the eggs and "posed" them for pictures with the eggs. Then finding the eggs was left up to Charlotte and Zach.



I just love this picture!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday! Until next time...Gig'em!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

School Field Trips

Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...