Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Defense

So as I previously mentioned, this past Monday was my dissertation defense. Let me tell you that the entire weekend before was crazy. Stressful, crazy. I felt so guilty on Sunday evening because I was a bit snippity the entire weekend. It was the stress. While I knew my advisor would not let me schedule or present my defense if I wasn't ready, but I still felt this big "what if...".

Well, I am happy to report that I presented the results, discussion and recommendations of my dissertation and passed with flying colors! I have some minor revisions from all committee members to do over the next few weeks but that is totally normal.

The relief to have Monday over and done with is huge. I can't even describe how huge it is. I have finally started sleeping through the night again, I don't get as frustrated with little things and I am partly in disbelief. I always knew I could do it, but I always had those small pieces of doubt. I guess that is normal.

It has been a bit weird to have everyone in my department greet me as Dr. Rode this week. I think it will take a little getting used to.


My committee: Dr. Fairhurst (tourism), Dr. Trendafilova (sport management), Dr. Hardin (sport management, advisor), Me, Dr. Waller (sport management) & Kyle

No comments:

School Field Trips

Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...