Thursday, September 18, 2014

Just Frustrated...

When I woke up this morning, this article was in my newsfeed on Facebook. I still can't understand why people are okay with this. I guess they just don't realize what is actually happening and how these things keep getting approved. Well, I know how this is getting approved...big Ag companies are giving millions of dollars and putting their former employees in the EPA, FDA, USDA and other offices and these people are pretty much making it happen without true independent research.

It is so frustrating because in the months since we switched to non-GMO and organic, we feel completely different and while we realize nothing will ever be completely chemical free, we can reduce our exposure and intake by purchasing non-GMO and organic foods. I guess I still just don't understand how so many other countries in the world ban GMOs and other food additives or at least require a warning label, but not in the US.

The amount of pesticides/herbicides has increased dramatically after the initial decrease after GMOs were first introduced. And now we have added another plant with an additional resistance and to a chemical that is actually worse than Roundup. Really? I for one am extremely frustrated with this country's handling of things when it comes to our health, wellness and even the environment. We simply do not care. And we wonder why obesity, diabetes, cancer and so many other ailments are higher in the US than most other developed countries. Our Western diet along with so many other things are contributing it and we only want to treat the symptoms and not fix the problem.

Okay, soapbox rant over! :)

No comments:

School Field Trips

Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...