While I have missed some things from Texas, living in Knoxville has been great. We have one more year here and then we are off to the next city and next adventure. I don't think most Texans realize that there is so much more outside the state of Texas and most are not willing to live elsewhere. As an academic advisor, most students would not even consider leaving Texas, even if it meant a higher paying job and experience where they could eventually come back. Personally, living further north works great for our family. Our seasonal allergies are virtually nonexistent, I haven't had heat headaches and the weather is just amazing. Our "hot" days are in the upper 80's. Yeah, 80's and I think I am going to die because it is so "hot".
I truly was nervous about leaving College Station and our Aggie bubble. We are in a new orange bubble now and it has been so fun and crazy and frustrating all at the same time. People here bleed orange, not the ugly burnt orange, Tennessee orange. :) I think I will actually be sad next May/June as we pack to move to wherever we go next.
Many days I feel that Knoxville is more "home" than anywhere in Texas, even College Station or Manvel--the two places I claim as my hometown. Taryne and Hayden love it here and Taryne insists we need to move to a location that is cloudy and rainy all the time because she doesn't like to see the sun that much. I guess she is my child. :)
"Rocky Top, you'll always be, home sweet home to me. Good ole rocky top, rocky top Tennessee, rocky top Tennessee!"
No comments:
Post a Comment