Thursday, February 13, 2014

Go Big Orange!

Never thought I would ever really say that....

Kyle and I finally made it to a Tennessee football game. We went to the last home game against Vanderbilt. It happened to be pretty cold that night and we had MANY layers on to stay warm.

The experience was nothing like an A&M game. It wasn't necessarily bad or anything, just different. For my Aggie friends, you know the annoying "uncover nazis" at the game? Imagine that type of annoying and add in TTU fan antics and I think that might be what the student section was like that night. No one was really mean, but it wasn't the "Old Army" experience we are used to at games. It was also hard for Kyle to really enjoy the game since it wasn't A&M. I love Tennessee, but it is still weird at times to root for anyone but an A&M team. But I love college football, so I was happy just watching the game. It was also pretty amazing to be inside Neyland Stadium with a seating capacity of over 100,000.

The game wasn't going to great for Tennessee so we left in the 3rd quarter. I am not sure if I will ever get used to any band other than the Aggie Band at halftime, but I do love singing "Rocky Top"!



Power "T" before the game for the football team to run through



No comments:

School Field Trips

Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...