We have been patiently waiting for the day it would snow. Taryne has been talking about snow since Thanksgiving because it could not be Christmas until it snowed...thanks to all the Christmas movies/shows that show Christmas AND snow.
Snow here gets schools closed faster than we had imagined. Not quite as fast as Texas, but pretty close. And ice, even faster.
 |
| Playing in the snow the next morning |
 |
| Hayden really wanted to play |
 |
| We can finally get out all the cold weather gear and use it! |
So we learned a few things with this first snow. Taryne and I really need waterproof snow boots. Rain boots don't really keep your feet warm...even with a few pair of socks. We now have appropriate shoes for wet/snowy weather. Gloves were the other issue. I knew the thin cotton gloves would not be "good" with the snow, but I guess I didn't realize how quickly they would actually freeze into a stiff glove. So, now we have appropriate gloves and Taryne has "snow" mittens. I thought we had a pretty good collection of winter items, but really I just had a lot of hats and scarves. We have acquired quite a bit of items in the past month or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment