The last two weeks have been crazy busy for all of us! I started my new job three weeks ago and I think we are still adjusting to our new schedule. Then, throw in a week of all three of us sick with allergies and before I know it, it has been 2 weeks since I posted.
My new job is going great and I am getting a trial by fire introduction since my second week of work was Q-drop week and now we are meeting students for pre-registration. Each day is non-stop students, but I love it! It is hard to for me to imagine that my department, General Studies, has over 5,000 students. That is crazy! And that number is expected to increase next school year.
We are getting excited about the upcoming holidays and the holiday season. October through December is my favorite time of the year in terms of holidays. I can't wait to get my Christmas decorations out and it is very hard to keep them put away when every store in town is geared up for Christmas and some have been for months. The good thing is I have lots of ideas for what I want to do around my house. I have been searching for a fake tree (I know, it goes against everything that I am) because Kyle has convinced me it is safer for Taryne since the needles will not fall off for her to pick up and eat. Well, boo! But I want her to be safe. So I guess I will be investing in Christmas Crack (i.e., Christmas scented candles, long story, but some will get it!) for that Christmas tree smell in my house.
Until next time...Gig'em!
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
School Field Trips
Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...
-
Last summer, right after we moved to Lubbock, I found this blog post (please read this before continuing). It really hit home with both...
-
I started a running program a few weeks ago. I started it for many reasons including being healthier, being in better shape, losing weight a...
-
Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...
1 comment:
Yeah Christmas Crack!!
Post a Comment