Monday, January 4, 2010

First day back...

So today I went back to work in the office. And because I went back to work in the office, Taryne started day care today. I was totally fine until this morning. I was a nervous wreck! And it only got worse on the drive there. We got inside and turned all her paper work in and I took her to her room and I lost it. I know they probably see this all the time, but I still felt silly. Here I am crying because I am leaving my baby girl with people I hardly know for 5 1/2 hours.

I got her settled in and left for work. I composed myself before I got to the office and thought "ok, this is going to be fine. I will see her in a few hours." Well, when I get inside, I start getting questions about how it went at day care. And guess what?!? I lost it again. Twice. Only a second time because I was asked again...then about an hour later, I get an email from Kyle asking how it went. This time, I held my composure and replied to his email.

Anyway, the day went great...for both of us. I was glad to pick her up. And when I get there, she is asleep. She hardly takes naps during the day, but she had been sleeping for 3 hours!! I guess this was good for me because we had lots of play time when we got home.

Right now she is in day care 3 days a week in the part day program. It was the only thing I could get her in here in College Station. Most places have a year long wait...so are you supposed to put your name on the wait list before you get pregnant? She is currently #1 on the list for 5 days a week in the part day program and has moved up on the full time list. I guess this is good too...we get a gradual transition to day care...looks like I need it more than she does!

Hopefully Wednesday will be tearless!

Until next time...Gig'em!

No comments:

School Field Trips

Both kids had field trips at the end of the year on the SAME day. Hayden's class visited a local pizza place, Dion's, and Taryne...